BS/MS - Five-Year Dual Degree Program
Undergraduates in MMG or other departments who wish to extend their studies by (at least) one year to earn both the BS and MS degrees may apply to the MMG BS/MS Dual Degree program. This is a non-thesis (plan B), research-based program that incorporates graduate level coursework, a multi-year research experience, and a final written and oral report on that research.
- Third or fourth year UG students in the MMG department currently engaged in research studies.
- Third or fourth year UG students outside of the MMG department that are engaged in research directed by a member of the MMG faculty.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completion of the equivalent of one or more semesters each of calculus, biological science, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, and Introductory Microbiology.
- MS research project and plan of study approved by formal guidance committee.
- minimum of 150 credits (120 cr for the BS and 30 cr for the MS).
- MS credits will include
- 8-15 cr of graduate level coursework.
- 7-15 cr of graduate research.
- Written and oral research report with examination.
To successfully complete the dual degree program within 5 years, students are encouraged to apply and begin the BS/MS program in their junior year, although senior applicants with strong academic and research experiences are also welcome to apply.
Interested students should consult with the MMG undergraduate academic advisor (Dr. Jeannine Scott, email@example.com), or Director of Undergraduate Studies (Dr. Scott Mulrooney, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Learn more about graduate studies in MMG here.