Year 2: Additional Training
Within the first 2 years of enrollment in their programs, Master’s Plan A and doctoral students will complete (3) additional MSU Graduate School RCR online training modules, to be selected from the following list. Completion of this requirement will be tracked in SABA.
- CITI Collaborative Research
- CITI Conflicts of Interest
- CITI Data Management
- CITI Financial Responsibility
- CITI Mentoring
- CITI Peer Review
- IACUC Tutorial for Animal Care Training (in http://Train.ORA.msu.edu)
- Human Research Protection/IRB Certification (in http://Train.ORA.msu.edu)
- Rigor and Reproducibility Course (still in production)
In addition to the above initial training, students must complete a minimum of (6) hours of discussion-based training prior to receiving their degrees. These hours can be completed at any point in their graduate program (Required for all Master’s (plan A and plan B) and doctoral students). Graduate student must notify MMG Graduate Secretary of completion of this requirement. Completion of this requirement will be recorded by the department in GradInfo as “Annual” training.
Discussion-based training can include:
- Discussion of CITI topics at group meetings.
- Participation in RCR courses/workshops (not on-line).
- Discussion of assigned readings on RCR topics (http://grad.msu.edu/researchintegrity/resources/).